Uncertain times. Unprecedented era. A once in a generation event. Repeat ad infinitum.
We know these are scary times. Every Zoom call, news report and government sanctioned hour of exercise relentlessly confirms it.
We are all trying to just get through it and out the other side as best we can, we are all simply treading water and trying to stay afloat.
So at Metro.co.uk we decided to throw you a raft. We have partnered with Headspace to provide you weekly guided meditation sessions with Headspace founder, Andy Puddicombe and a few other guest stars.
You can tune into our session every Wednesday at 10am on Facebook, and catch up with any sessions you may have missed on Twitter, Instagram and Youtube!
Together we will carve space out of our hectic weeks to have guided meditation sessions and learn how to use mindfulness in our day-to-day tasks.
Each week will present a different topic to focus on, but you will be able to revisit previous episodes as and when you need.
So what will we be covering?
- Managing stress and anxiety in lockdown
- How to take care of your mental health while self-isolating
- Top tips on meditation and mindfulness in every day tasks, such as washing your hands.
- Identifying and managing feelings of loneliness
- Connecting mind and body to keep mentally and physically active
- Being more mindful and how to manage relationships
- How to talk about stress and anxiety with children
- How to incorporate meditation into daily routines with children
- Mindful activities to do with children
- Dealing with insomnia and poor sleep patterns in lock down
On top of this, Headspace has also unlocked a free, specially-curated Weathering The Storm collection of meditation and mindfulness content in the Headspace app for people around the world during this time of crisis.
Alongside Andy Puddicombe, we will also have sessions with Headspace’s chief science officer Dr Megan Jones-Bell, as well as Dr. Andreas Michaelides, the chief psychology officer at Noom.
Together we hope we can offer you a small calming oasis, amid the tempest of the outside world.
If you have any issues that you would like us to cover alongside Headspace, drop them in a comment below!
Source: Read Full Article